Table of Contents
What are WordPress & Beaver Builder? #
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) #
- Content is saved in a database and separate from the “look and feel” of the website
- WordPress uses themes to create the look and feel of the website. Themes can be “swapped out” as needed and the content will remain*.
- WordPress uses plugins to extend the functionality of the website—to allow the website to do things that are not built-in to WordPress. (eg. Calendars, shopping carts, contact forms, etc.)
Beaver Builder is a plugin AND theme #
- WVNET maintains a pro license for our K-12 schools to use.
- The Beaver Builder plugin will work with any theme, but their theme is a good base for any website.